This particular mystery molecule may be harder than the last, so please enjoy, and comment below if you guess!
- Makes up 0.04% of the atmosphere
- Has a sublimation point of -78.5 °C
- Heat of combustion is 0 kJ/mol
- It’s essential for life as we know it
- It was discovered about 1630 by Jan von Helmont and it’s atomic makeup proposed by John Dalton in 1803
- Use in extinguishing fires
- It’s found in soft drinks
- Used to remove up to 99% caffeine from coffee to make decaf
- It’s generally considered non-toxic
- When dissolved, it increases acidity
- It has no taste, colour or smell
- Density is 1.98 kg/m^3
- It can exist in liquid form in deep ocean environments
- The average human produces and removes approximately 1 kg of this every 24 hours
And that’s all. Have fun guessing and remember to comment below if you’re inspired to guess!